“If traveling was free, you would never see me again.”
Here are 20 reasons to travel full time. While traveling, isn’t, unfortunately, free, there’s just something about leaving the comfort of your home, discovering new places, cultures and people that make us feel more alive than ever. After marriage we decided to travel to as many places as we can together. Till date we have travelled to almost 7-8 cities and three countries in our 6 month marriage. The experiences we gained are priceless. If the idea of traveling gets your heart racing, ready to explore and learn new things, here’s twenty reasons why you should consider traveling full time!
1. You get to wake up every morning in a different place filled with new opportunity, new sites to see and incredibly diverse people to meet.
2. You can become a travel resource through your own personal travel blog, vlogs or even social media like a YouTube channel. Hey, you may even make some money doing something you absolutely love! You can also inspire others and promote other cities by becoming a travel resource. Anything is possible!
3. Forget the monotony of a 9-5 routine, sitting behind a desk, staring at your computer. It sucks to be stuck in a rut. Be prepared to experience something new each day as you will only have a short time to explore new cities. You’ll have a ton of fun things to do in a short time and you can say bye to a repetitive lifestyle.
4. You will experience things you could never have imagined. The stories that you would share with your family and friends would be beyond incredible! Even for folks who can’t tell a story, just the words “last year in Italy” get you instant party points.
5. You will get to try delicacies from different countries and taste things you’ve only ever dreamed of. It’s a foodie’s paradise. There are distinct eating habits around the world which can also even take you for a surprise such as with Sushi in Japan, Wine in France or Daal Baati in Jaipur.
6. You will have the freedom to do what you want, when you want with no one to report to. Many of us have a love-hate relationship with our alarm clocks. By traveling all the time and living on your own schedule, you can throw your clock into a bin and live life on your own terms.
7. You will learn to embrace new cultures. Some countries have the most festive and colorful cultures that will have you amazed. You can try new food and learn new languages as you visit different cities.
8. Traveling around the world can be an avenue to truly get to know who you are. You can try new things, get out of your shell and push boundaries. Try exciting new things like going bungee jumping in New Zealand or swimming in the beaches of Venice (like we did this year). The world is your Oyster!
9. You might decide to travel the world because your current life is nothing to write home about. Now you are open to begin new relationships, make new friends, and start having life changing experiences!
10. No more burdensome responsibilities. No more car payments, rents, mortgages and leases. You can live a life that’s truly yours! There is something incredibly liberating about not having to worry about having the latest and greatest. It is just not important.
11. As a traveller, you will walk down many beautiful landmarks and a few remarkable monuments that serve as reminders of the rich, diverse and even scary past of the world. You’ll learn about the histories of so many cultures, more than from any textbook.
12. Become good at budgeting. Traveling is expensive, but knowing when to travel, when to book tickets, how much money to spend and what kind of jobs to take up on the go help you become good at managing your money.
13. Learn a new language. Away from the textbooks, travel gives you a sample of the real world. Local languages have a beauty that no book can showcase.
14. Each one of us has a bucket list or a ‘things to do before you die’ list. How many of it have you actually checked everything on that list? How can you possibly strike every single thing off that list if you are so busy with your routine life? You have only one life, so travel and do everything that you want to do in the particular city without any compromise!
15. Beat your fears, face them with the pure adrenaline rush you can only feel when overcoming your fear. So, travel to the different parts of the world, try sky diving, bungee jumping, scuba diving and so much more!
16. You might be either passionate about photography, painting, dancing, sports or any form of art and you can make that as your gateway to live your dream to travel along with your passion.
17. Make a difference! Some travelers spend their lives seeking out those cheap vacation packages for that once-a-year dose of sun, and sand. But because full-time travelers often spend weeks or even months of their time in one locale, they’re able to get a sense of a community and there is a desire to want to give back. Volunteering is one of the most rewarding ways to experience a local culture, and there are hundreds of thousands of grassroots volunteer projects around the world just waiting for an eager traveler like yourself.
18. Traveling develops skills you didn’t know you had. Sometimes it’s only far from home that you realize you you’ve got skills you’ve never used. It’s travel that brings them to the surface and makes you smile, satisfied to have reached the mountain top, crossed a gorge, or helped a villager clean up after a storm.
19. Traveling is the best kind of education. Seeing the world provides an education that’s absolutely impossible get in school. Travel teaches you economy, politics, history, geography, and sociology in an intense, hands-on way no class will. Fortunately, the school of travel is always taking applications, no entrance exam required.
20. The gifts you bring back are priceless. Not just the souvenirs, but all those memories you’ve collected, those humbling experiences, those myriad faces you encountered, invaluable skills and life-lasting friendships – You can’t buy any of that, and the greatest gift to yourself is to use all that you’ve learned to live a fuller life and be a better human for those around you.
Go give this a thought. Resigning from your job, leaving the comfort of your home, they’re all risky decisions. But the moment you step on a flight going to somewhere, you’ll realize that it’s worth every penny you’ve saved. Go, outdo yourself and test your limits!