We have all been there, sitting on our work desks day-dreaming about that perfect vacation by the beach sipping on a cool drink. But blink-blink, you’re back to reality! If you’re looking for the next Budget getaway in India, you’re at the right place! Here are some 5 Must-see destinations which are light on the pocket, but heavy on adventure. So, read on:
1) Rishikesh: If you live in Delhi & haven’t explored this gem of a place, you’re missing out! Located just 240 kms from Delhi, this place is perfect for that Soul Vacation ( Read: White Sandy beaches, Calm Ganges, Hippie Vibe) Perfect, no?Plus, with so many budget accommodations, & German Cafes; Rishikesh makes for a cheap getaway. If you have some moolah left, you can even try your hand at Rafting! White water rafting is very popular here & a must-try for you adrenaline junkies!
Stay: Decent accommodation starts at Rs 500/ Night
2) Goa: The hottest destination for all youngsters, Goa remains an all-time favourite. Chill on the beach, explore the Portuguese architecture, shop at flea markets or just party all night; there’s so many things to do here which makes it the perfect beach holiday destination.
Because of its popularity, one can find many accommodations suiting ones needs right from beach huts to decent hotels.
Stay: Beach huts or decent accommodation starts at Rs 600/night
Food: Can be quite cheap as well, a meal can cost you Rs 300
3) Pondicherry: If you just want to relax, soak in some French culture or take that course on spirituality; you can do it right here in Pondicherry.
The beautiful cobblestoned streets, the white lovely French architecture & hotels & of course the traditional French cuisine; you can find it all here. If you want a unique experience & want to soak in the real Pondicherry, spend a few days at the spiritual hub, Auroville. It will be an experience like no other! You can get really good accommodation here also at just Rs 500/night at their hotels & backpackers stays.
Stay: Rs 500/night at Auroville, Pondicherry
Food: Seafood can cost a little more, a meal will cost you Rs 400
4) McLeodGanj: This Mini Tibet & abode of the Dalai Lama sure leaves many tourists enraptured with its lovely valleys & the view of Himalayas, it is everything you want in your budget travel getaway! Many tourists go here to trek to Triund, one can camp here at night & enjoy the lovely experience.
The food here is amazing & so cheap you won’t believe your eyes. Right from the street-vendors momos to the quaint cafes, everything is mouth-wateringly delicious! A Starbucks-worthy coffee here can cost you just Rs 50!
Stay: From Rs 500
Food: A meal can cost you Rs 250
5) Shimla: Everyone has had that childhood holiday to Shimla, those walks on the Mall Road & watching the snow fall for the first time! Magical indeed, no?
Relive those moments again by going to Shimla. Even though it’s a popular hill station, it still offers some great deals to budget travellers. You can get some great Hotel deals from the many trip booking websites available these days.
For food as well, there are umpteen options, right from the classic soft serve to Momos & many more options available at a good price.
Stay: Rs 400 onwards
Food: Rs 400 onwards