Australia is a land of beauty, comprising of busy metropolises and rural farmlands. The lovely people and scenic landscapes, coupled with the country’s weather and food may inspire you to travel to this destination. And it would be a lovely choice! If the variety and choice of cuisine you witnessed in MasterChef or other popular food shows from Australia encouraged you for a visit, you would not be disappointed. However, before proceeding further with your plans, take a look at the Australia Visa Process for Indians
Australia Visa Process for Indians
Indian passport holders need to possess a traveller visa to enter Australia. You can apply for the same online and acquire an Electronic Travel Authorisation or ETA for the nation.
Once you reach the immigration at the airport, acquire the visa and proceed with your vacation. The short-stay tourist visa remains valid for up to 3 months from its issue date.
A traveller visa to Australia costs AUD 145 (approx. Rs. 7,000) per person. You can go through this guide to get detailed information about Australia tourist visa from India.
Disclaimer: The above conversion is on the basis of current forex rates. Please check the current rates before applying.
Currency Conversion Rates in Australia
Foreign currency conversion rates are constantly changing. Therefore, the forex rate may differ between what it is today and when it is time for you to travel. As of February 12, 2020, the conversion rate for AUD-INR is Rs. 47.94. This means that 1 Australian Dollar is worth Rs. 47.94.
The budget for your Australia trip depends on a number of factors, including the length of stay, places of visit and the overall quality of experience you intend to enjoy. Let’s break down the various expenses for the trip to make things easier.
- Two-way Flight Expense – Two-way flight tickets from New Delhi start from just around Rs. 30,000 per person.
- Hotel Expense – Hotels start from around Rs. 5,000 per night.
- Food and Drinks – Food and drinks should cost around AUD 50 per day (approx. Rs. 2,400). However, meals at fine-dining restaurants can drive that cost up.
- Travel Expenses – Approx. 100 AUD (or around Rs. 4800) per day if you plan to travel to various places by car.
- Travel Insurance – Digit offers Australia travel insurance starting from just Rs. 177 per night of stay for an adult. The sum insured for the policy is up to $50,000.
Things You must Carry for Your Australia Visit
- Passport and Visa – It goes without saying that your passport and visa documents are essential for such an international trip. Without these, you cannot seek entry into Australia.
- Travel Insurance – Although not mandated by the Australian authorities, travel insurance policy is vital to enjoying the trip. You can seek financial assistance from your insurer for any emergency that you face during the tour.
- International Driving License – Carrying an international driving license is necessary if you intend to drive to the various destinations within Australia. Renting a bike or car is one of the most favourite ways for tourists to explore the country. Read through this guide to know more about how to get international driving license in India.
- Cash – While various traveller cards can facilitate cashless transactions, you must keep some cash funds (AUD) with you as well. Not every shop, restaurant or gas station may accept your card. In these places, you can use cash to pay for related services or products.
- Details of Indian Embassy in Sydney, Australia – Address – Level 1, 265 Castlerea, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia. Telephone – +61-2-9223-2702
Top Places to Visit
On your visit to Australia, make sure you don’t miss out on exploring these places –
- Great Barrier Reef
- Blue Mountains
- Rottnest Island
- Kangaroo Island
Things to Do in Australia
- Taste the Amazing Food in Tasmania – Whether it is the amazing seafood or the impressive range of cheese on offer, Tasmania is a foodie’s paradise. Be sure to wash down all you eat with some of its exotic wines.
- Enjoy Romantic Dining in Uluru – Rather than limiting yourself to restaurants and pubs, why not enjoy an amazing meal with your loved one under the open sky? Uluru offers the perfect setting for such a date.
- Scuba Dive to See the Great Barrier Reef – Dive underwater to check out the true splendour of the colourful Great Barrier Reef corals. Apart from the impressive coral structure, you can also witness the diverse wildlife under the sea.
While enjoyment is important, make sure you take proper measures to limit unforeseen financial liabilities. Your travel insurance policy can help out in this regard!